Ridewell is currently looking for motivated, hard-working individuals to be a part of our team.
Ridewell is a general maintenance company seeking a general contractor or highly skilled maintenance technician to perform maintenance at a variety of locations. The maintenance personnel will handle a variety of tasks that vary by employer.
Therefore, all applicants must possess a wide array of skills encompassing most of the construction trades, such as basic skills as an electrician, carpenter, plumber, mechanic, painter, HVAC technician, and roofer.
Responsibilities and Duties
Job Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Organize, prioritize and perform work orders in a timely manner.
- Inspect grounds, buildings, and other community features to minimize liability concerns and ensure excellent curb appeal at all times.
- Participate in company training classes and meetings; ensure all service staff receives appropriate training as required.
- Responsible for the inventory, ordering, and delivery of all necessary supplies and equipment for the service, custodial and grounds departments under the direction and with the approval of the Community Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring OSHA standards and company safety policies are complied with at all times.
- Leak investigation and mitigation.
- Maintain a preventative maintenance program to minimize emergency and service repairs.
- Responsible for the supply and upkeep of all personal tools required by the company.
- Work with community managers to handle maintenance-related concerns.
- Work with community managers to obtain competitive bids for contracted-related expenses
Qualifications and Skills
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Smart Phone
- Employee is required to provide his/her own basic tool inventory.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty extraordinarily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED): or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic skills as an electrician, carpenter, plumber, mechanic, painter, HVAC technician and roofer. However, building maintenance workers must always remain aware of their limitations and request the services of a licensed professional when the worker’s lack of expertise or local ordinances require it.
- Other tasks or duties as assigned by the company
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to read, write, and speak English in order to communicate with customers and process company paperwork.
- Ability to accurately perform basic mathematical functions.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions,
and procedure manuals.
- Available to work on-call during nights/weekends/Holidays
- Communicate effectively with residents, fellow associates, vendors, and supervisors.
- Basic knowledge of local and state codes for permitting and ordinances.
- Understand and adhere to budget guidelines.
- Understand and operate the company computer software.
- Well organized, detailed oriented, efficient.
- Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Team-oriented with the ability to work independently.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines which may include late hours and weekends as needed.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to lead and motivate staff.
- Basic computer and Internet knowledge.
- Ability to use Outlook.
Directly supervises one or more employees in the service department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Approximately 5% time spent working in an on-site office and approximately 95% time spent working outside in the field.
- Outside conditions consist of heat, cold, rain, snow, wind, or other inclement weather.
- Will be required to wear Personal Protective Safety Equipment.
- Heavy equipment operating
- Regularly required to perform site and building inspections.
- Must be able to move, carry, reposition, or lift items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Dexterity to complete paperwork as well as operate basic hand tools or equipment.
- A constant need for talking and hearing to communicate with associates, contractors, and vendors as well as to remain alert against safety hazards.
- A constant need to simultaneously use hand, wrist, and fingers to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders, scaffolds, and ability to navigate elevation changes while maintaining balance.
- Frequent need for sitting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, bending, pushing/pulling, and ability to navigate difficult terrain and access small areas.
- A constant need for visual acuity in small detail, beyond arm’s reach, peripheral, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Part-time or Full-time Positions Available